Get a US Carnet
Temporary Imports Into Qatar
Recommended Procedures for Temporary Imports into Qatar until ATA Carnet is Accepted
- The consignee has to obtain approval from Customs to import the shipment on a temporary basis.
- Once approval is obtained, duty and legalization charges have to be deposited and paid to Customs.
- These deposits securing the TIBs can be claimed after the re-exportation of the shipment.
- The claim letter has to come from the consignee side.
- Note that the refund process will take a minimum of 3 - 4 months.
The Temporary Importation Under Bond or TIB fee is 5% of the declared CIF value. However, some types of equipment are exempted from duty. Providing the H.S code can help confirm and check whether the items are duty exempted or not. If the goods are exempted, the shipment can be cleared with payment of the legalization charges only (legalization charges are applicable only if the commercial documents are not attested from the origin country Qatar Embassy).
For more information contact a UK Carnet Specialist at 0.808.189.3400 or by email.